Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rain and Wellies!

Rain, rain, rain. Thanks to you, rain boots, my pants are saved from the depths of flooded subway entrances and 6-inch puddles. Rushing water on the street is no match to your impenetrable rubber soles as I plow across the crosswalk with confidence.

But Winter, well that's another story. No matter how beautiful the snow looks as it's falling to the ground in New York, it inevitably ends up as dirty, sloppy slush. Puddles of sloppy slush. Which is why this season, I'm calling in the troops. On my wish-list: Hunter Wellies. Not only are they incredibly durable, stylish, and colorful (who says the rain can't be fun?), but one ALSO has the option of purchasing a cozy fleece Wellie Sock lining for cold weather! For the time being, my $15.00 boots from Target do their job, but come freezing rain this Winter...I'll be opting for a little extra reinforcement, better fit, and warmth. Hunter boots are available on-line from Zappos for $114.95.

No comments: