Monday, October 26, 2009

Something Shiny

I've never been a girl to wear many necklaces, and I really don't know why. I completely love the way they look! I think necklaces can evoke a sense of individuality, creativity, and can really stand for something quite special. Plus, who doesn't love adding a little shine to an outfit? True, with long hair, I've encountered many a tangle after a long run. But in any case, I'm going to make more of a necklace-wearing effort here because I was recently introduced to Satya Jewelry after my sister gave me a necklace as a gift. So, I actually need to to give HER credit for discovering this company and getting me hooked: thank you little sister!

Using earthy, natural materials, gemstones, gold and silver, Satya Jewelry is not only created with global consciousness, but is yoga-inspired. Every piece blends spiritual symbols and sacred meanings. But whether you seek comfort in the meaning a piece represents or not, one thing is for certain: they're just so pretty!

The necklace above is a new design whose pendants symbolize the following: "Two lotus flowers hang side by side symbolizing the beauty and support in all relationships. This exotic blossom rises from the mud every day to face the sun with a clean and lovely cluster of fresh petals, and has been adopted by Asian cultures as a symbol of regeneration and personal growth...a day-to-day totem to remind you of the potential within."