Monday, January 04, 2010

Return of the Thoughts!


Where did vacation go? I just can't comprehend how 12 days of relaxation and cookies and bubbly and hot chocolate and snow and adventures melted away with '09. Waaah. I diligently toted my MacBook along with me in my travels throughout the Northeast, but failed to actually remove it from its computer case, let alone take it out of my bag. Whoops. At least I meant well. Though I firmly believe that vacation is all about going off-the-grid for a little bit and disconnecting oneself, if ever so slightly, from technology.

HAPPY NEW YEAR by the way!

I have SO much to fill you in on. Like how I saw AVATAR (awesome - I want to be a Na'vi), cooked/ate lots of deliciousness, went skiing in -1 degree base temps (not awesome), celebrated New Year's Eve in Boston, spent quality time with family and friends, and oh-so-many more exciting adventures in CT, VT, NH, and MA. First, though, I shall vent via blogging and complain about my not-so-glamourous first two days back in the Big Apple because it's only inevitable that a relaxing vacay must give way to some frustrating back-to-reality moments. 1.) I tossed and turned all night last night because of the street lights glaring in through my window. 2.) Was rudely shoved not once, but twice on the subway this morning while stepping aside (like a good citizen) to let other passengers off. 3.) Stepped in dog poop. 4.) Could NOT obtain an open cardio machine at my gym despite my sketchy lingering near the ellipticals. 5.) Staples was sold out of the only essential computer item I specifically trekked in to find and 6.) Purchased an over-priced box of Museli from a Natural Foods market that I ate, then realized - after eating a bowl that tasted slightly off - was infested with squiggling green worms. *Sigh* I know, not the end of the world. But tomorrow is a new day and 2010 an exciting new year!

I shall now direct your attention to the darned most adorable product design there ever was for a Snuggie (as if saying the word "Snuggie" wasn't cute enough). I am convinced Snuggies will take over the world. I came across this in the checkout line at a Walmart in New Hampshire. Trust me - it was cold enough up there that miniature Dauschhunds and Bichon Frise's really do need their own fleece blankets with leg holes and cowl necks. Not that I own a little dog. But if I did for some reason unbeknownst to me, he or she would certainly be wearing one in blue.


No comments: