Monday, January 25, 2010

Bagged Lunch: Hummus Sandwich


In light of my new year's resolution of toting more homemade lunches to work, I unveil to you my newest creation: the Vegetarian Hummus Sandwich! It's simple, satisfying, dairy-free, and is certainly an excellent way to sneak more of those veggies into your diet.

While I'm becoming more adventurous with different brands and flavors of hummus, in the meantime I'm very satisfied with the exquisite flavor and super creamy texture of Cedar's Original Hommus Tahini. Hmmm. Is it "Hummus" or is it "Hommus"?
In any case, here's the step-by-step process of the building-of-a-hummus sandwich. I whipped up this little tasty lunchtime delight before work this morning in only 5 minutes. Not only did it stand up well to the morning commute, but it was still irresistibly appetizing by noon on the same day. Try it for yourself!


Obtain two pieces of sliced whole-wheat bread.


Spread a healthy amount of hummus on one side (I like to wipe the excess hummus left on the knife onto the other piece).


Thinly slice up some cucumbers and layer them on the hummus.


This part is up to your interpretation, but I love the combination of red onions and thinly sliced carrots.



Tie the entire sandwich together by piling it high with some fresh sprouts. These little guys are packed with vitamins and minerals.


Finally, finish off your hummus sandwich by cutting it diagonally and wrapping in up tinfoil to hold all the ingredients together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mike for this very informative writings. It will be a big help for me as i am planning to create my blog. More power to you.


Shakti Prash | Hanuman Chalisa Yantra | 5in1 Air Sofa | Zero Addiction |
Hot Shaper | Allah Barkat Locket | Step Up Height Growth | Body Buildo