Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lip Butter by Korres


By Jove, I've found it!

Nope, it's not a gloss. Nor is it a lip balm. Rather, it goes by the name of "Lip Butter" and pictured above is the lovely, oh-so-flattering color Jasmine.

Korres, originally established in Greece in 1996, is my "of-the-moment" totally lovable cosmetics company. For starters, their steadfast philosophy is (and I quote): "A collection of advanced natural formulations using a targeted ingredient approach to correct the signs of aging and address variety of skin concerns." This environmentally-conscious cosmetics brand becomes even more noteworthy due to the fact none of their products are tested on animals. (Though this information is not published on their website, I contacted their Customer Service department to confirm). The product packaging is either recycled or recyclable AND they avoid using non-biodagradable ingredients in their formulations. Hooray for active botanicals!

At one time only available to our friends across the pond, Korres products are now distributed internationally throughout 14 countries. Their one U.S. flagship store is conveniently located in Manhattan's trendy SoHo area (field-trip anyone?), but don't you worry. A wide variety of Korres products are also available in Sephora shops worldwide. Indeed, this is where I first stumbled upon this fantastic brand.

So. What exactly is said Lip Butter and why on earth is a little 0.21-Oz. tub of it worthy of a blog post?

In utter desperation to combat winter's unrelenting weather and consequential effects of chapped lips, it's an ongoing endeavor of mine to seek out the best remedy. Seriously. I must have about eight varieties of lip glosses, lip balms, Chapsticks, Aquaphors, you-name-its, scattered about my apartment and hidden in the crevices of my "junk drawer" at work, so one is never too far out of reach. When I stumbled upon Lip Butter by this company, I deemed it experimental investigation to purchase one...my retail-therapy moment fueled by positive consumer ratings on Sephora's website.

All this being said, Korres' Lip Butter concoction is nothing short of amazing. It melts into your lips providing them with ample hydration, simultaneously leaving a long-lasting sheen. I find this balm/butter gives a little bit of plump to your pucker (without any stinging effect), and NO stickiness at all. Lovin' that! Butters come in a spectrum of colors, but for me, Jasmine is the perfect hint of natural, nude-ish pink. The shade I've been looking for all along. The price tag of $10.00 is a bit steep, but hey - for a butter/balm that actually works, I'll be stocking up on more as soon as this little tub runs dry.

No comments: