Monday, September 28, 2009

Longitude and Latitude


Having majored in Geography and International Affairs in college, there were indeed more to my studies than memorizing maps. However, it didn't take long for me to grow an affinity for maps, more maps, and anything to do with maps.

My fondness of vintage maps not only stems from their historical significance, but the mysticism and intrigue of whom may have laid eyes upon them. Throughout the ages, maps have helped the human race grasp a physical sense of space. Simply put, maps are tools that help portray, catalogue, and explore the world around us.

In the meantime, while I attempt to save up my pennies for an antique map collection, I fill the void with none other than printed map stationary, calendars, and notebooks. Behold: Cavallini & Co., one of my all-time favorite fine paper companies. Offering a brilliant range of vintage-inspired paper goods, the Travel Notebook (showcasing an antique map, pictured above), is essential to any map-lover's work space or carry-on bag. Cavallini & Co. products are available at fine paper good retailers including Kate's Paperie, Paper Source, Papyrus, as well as Anthropologie.

No comments: